Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Rainy Day Post


Today the boys and I had plans to go walking at this local nature park. However Mother Nature had different plans. The rain started coming down around 9:30 and kept on coming. The boys were pretty let down that we couldn’t go out but as any parent knows, always have a back up plan.  A favorite rainy day activity of mine growing up was making a fort. The tanks occasionally try this in their room but usually run into some construction problems, I decided to give them a free lesson. Within an hour we had a fort constructed and I must say the boys were quite enthused. They both contributed great ideas when building and were very interested in what they could do to help. After I finished the fort I popped some popcorn and put in a movie for us to watch.  Eventually mom came home saw our fort and decided to join us inside. We moved the table inside and ate dinner under the fort. I must say it was quite a rewarding rainy day. Does anyone have any other experiences of their children being engaged by something similar to this? I must say it was great to see my boys so excited; maybe there is something more here?

No comments:

Post a Comment